Ofsted, Challenge Partners and Performance Tables
Our last Ofsted Inspection was March 2020. This was the first inspection of our school under the new Ofsted Framework that places much more emphasis on the classroom experience. Ofsted judged that our school continues to be a ‘Good’ school. The full report is available on the link below, but here are some snippets:
- This is an inclusive school.
- Leaders and staff want all pupils to achieve well.
- Pupils know that leaders have high expectations of what they can do.
- Pupil are happy and safe. They are respectful to one another and to adults. They say that incidents of bullying are rare and that when they do occur, they are dealt with quickly.
- Pupils achieve well in their GCSE and other examinations.
To read the full Ofsted report click here.
Similar to Ofsted, Challenge Partners look at individual areas as well as the school overall. They judged the school overall to be GOOD and felt that the school was GOOD in each of the following areas:
- School Improvement Strategies
- Outcomes for Pupils is
- Quality of Teaching, Learning and Assessment
They have also looked at our work around Whole School Literacy and support for disadvantaged students and judged both areas to be excellent.
The report said:
- Leaders have engendered a culture of positivity across the school with all staff embracing the values-based education that is evident in all aspects of the school’s work
- The ongoing care, inclusion, support and intervention is at the heart of school ethos
- They develop students to be well rounded citizens who are respectful to others and display highly positive behaviours
- The school continues to model data effectively across year groups providing details flight path analysis. This enables effective intervention and support strategies for students who fall behind the academic level that they are expected to perform.
- Standards of behaviour in and out of lessons are consistently high, generating strong engagement in learning
- Students are proud of their school and feel a great sense of belonging within the school community.
- Students take pride in their work and support each other willingly
- There is a focus on working hard that underpins teaching,. This fosters a culture among students of positive behaviour and responsible attitudes to learning
To read the full Challenge Partners report click here.
The Department for Education produces Performance Tables for all schools. Click here to access ours.